- Mauritius Climate – Summer is from November to April, the temperature is around 26° C on the coast and on the Central Plateau around 22° C
- Winter is from May to October, the temperature is around 22° C on the coast and on the Central Plateau around 18° C.
- January and February are the warmest Month 28°C. Lot of rainfall occurs during this period and it is the period of cyclones or tropical storms.
- The sun shines approximately from five in the morning to seven in the evening in summer and winter from six in the morning to six in the evening.
- July is considered the coolest month of the year with a temperature of around 21° C and a little cooler on the central plateau.
In general Mauritius has a very pleasant climate. The Mauritius climate allows the visitors to have perfect holidays all year around. You can decide to come to Mauritius at any time of the year you will be sure to have a comfortable weather during your stay.
Mauritius is a tropical island located in the Indian Ocean, there is no much difference in the climate during the year. Mauritius has only two seasons compared to other countries in Europe. In Mauritius there is only summer and winter and there is quite little differences in the temperature between the two seasons. Summer is from November to April and winter is from May to October.
The humidity is quite high in the air during the summer time and this mainly on the coastal part of the island. The hottest months of the year are usually December, January and February when also cyclones can occur. The temperature of the sea is higher during summer and in winter the temperature of the water will drop a little.
The mauritius climate is a little different when you on the central plateau, there is always a few differences in the temperature when you are on the coast and on the central plateau, it is a little cooler there and warmer on the coast. In summer the sun is seen as from five o’clock in the morning until seven o’clock in the evening, in winter time there is less sunshine, it is from six o’clock in the morning until six o’clock in the evening. So do not hesitate to come enjoy the excellent tropical climate, the white sandy beaches and the turquoise lagoon of Mauritius.